Alternative medicine such as tai chi, acupuncture, and other various forms are designed to bring the body into balance to help restore health. Benefits of using traditional and alternative medicine are many but there are also things you need to cautious of.
Here are the Pros of using alternative medicine:
- The difference between traditional and alternative medicine is that most forms emphasize on whole body care as some physicians often forget to also take care the healthy parts of the patients. Physical, emotional and spiritual health is being taken care of.
- It offers a great deal of personal attention from traditional physicians.
- It focuses on prevention. Prevention is always better than cure right? Traditional medicine treatments focused on preventing the disease before it occurs.
- It targets to treat the root cause of the health condition.
- It reduces stress. Stress is one of the factors people get sick emotionally, physically and even spiritually. Reducing stress helps to prevent or heal illnesses.
Here are the Cons of using alternative medicine:
- There is limited scientific research about it. Though there is a growth in funding for its research studies, evidence are still limited which left many questions unanswered.
- There is confusion in marketing between natural and safe. Some manufacturers of herbal medicines and dietary supplements make unrealistic claims that their products are miracle cures or secret ingredients.
- Supplements herbs can potentially interact with prescription and over the counter medications. Some of them may have side effects of their own.
So, if you are planning to try alternative medicine, it is important to do some research or get someone knowledgeable enough to help you with the process.
When considering alternative medicine, think balance. Get the best health care from both traditional and alternative sides of medicine can be your best option.
Call us at 216-210-1846 or check out our calendar of events to see classes we have so you can try alternative medicine that we offer here in Namaste Life Center.