As our sound therapy session happening this weekend, do you also wonder why receiving it is meditative and therapeutic?
Music was not invented or discovered. Whether it is for entertainment, expression, celebration, ceremony or communication, it is surely something innate in us. We connect to music, our feelings, and our body is somehow connected to it. So many believed and have tried using it for healing.
Sound healing has been used as therapy to ease and cure many for centuries. Music is used to improve physical and emotional well-being. It may involve listening, singing along, meditating and moving to the beat of the music. Sometimes, special sounds are used to produce vibrations to improve brain waves.
Along with voice and different musical instruments like flute, harp and drums, tuning forks and singing bowls are also been used.
There are different types of music therapy such as:
- Vibroacoustic therapy where music vibrations are used.
- Neurologic music therapy is creating, singing or moving to music is used to promote relaxation.
- Guided meditation where one meditates to voiced instructions.
4.Nordoff-Robbins where skilled musicians use music familiar to those being treated, create new music together, or work toward a performance.
- Bonny method where it uses classical music and imagery to help explore personal growth, consciousness, and transformation.
- Singing bowl therapy where a metal bowl is used to produce a deep-penetrating sound to help on relaxing and repair the mind.
- Brainwave entrainment where a pulsing sound is used to stimulate the brain and encourage aligning brainwaves frequency.
- Tuning fork therapy where tuning fork is being similarly like acupuncture by applying vibrations to the different parts of the body.
Benefits of music therapy are:
- Can help improve or cure psychological disorders like depression, anxiety, PTSD, learning disabilities and developmental troubles
- Can help bring clarity and balance
- Promote relaxation and a stronger immune system.
- Help improve memory, concentration and sleep.
- It helps to lower stress, mood swings, blood pressure, cholesterol and risk of heart disease and stroke.
Sound healing has been found to be effective and has shown many health benefits. There is no risk to listening to music.
If you want to try it, click here.