What is CBD Oil?
Cannabidiol Oil, or most commonly called as CBD Oil, have been used for thousands of years as naturally growing herbs. CBD oil is made by mixing the extracted cannabis or marijuana plant (Cannabis Sativa) with coconut or hemp seed oil. Because of its ingredients, its reputation as a drug has complicated the relationship between its users and the authorities in certain parts of the world. However, CBD oil became very popular and famous in the recent years due to the movement for legalized marijuana in certain countries. In fact, more countries are allowing the use of medical marijuana but with strict regulations.
What are the Three (3) Healing Properties and Benefits of CBD Oil?
Pure undiluted cannabis essential oil is a green concentrated, sticky, resinous substance that is considered highly volatile. Its components are very powerful, including monoterpenes, sesquiterpenes, and other highly active organic compounds. CBD Oil relieves pain and depression, fighting cancer, and reducing anxiety. It also improves the quality of sleep, boosts appetite, and optimizes digestion. The following describes the three (3) healing properties of CBD Oil:
- On Physical Healing Benefits. Cannabis essential oil is a beneficial essential oil and is widely considered one of the most effective oils for the alleviation of certain illnesses and conditions.
- Body Pain. CBD oil interacts with the protein cells in the body and sends chemical signals to your brain and immune system through a number of stimuli. This helps the cells positively respond to chronic pain. The presence of both THC and CBD helps in relieving the pain associated with cancer. This oil is regularly suggested for people with inflammation and back pain because of its painkilling quality.
- CBD oil and cannabis oil are both known to reduce the symptoms and side effects of cancer. Reports have shown that the active ingredients in cannabis essential oil can have preventive effects on developing cancer cells. It can also cause a reduction in tumor size, thereby making it easier to effectively fight cancer. According to research done by Hansen M., Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria, it also provides relief from the side effects of chemotherapy including nausea, vomiting, and anxiety.
- Skin Care/Acne. Research conducted by George Andrew Olah, a Nobel prize winner for chemistry, suggests that due to the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD oil, it helps in reducing the signs of acne. It also controls sebum production which reduces the oiliness on the skin and fights off the bacteria and inflammatory cytokines responsible for acne.
- Glaucoma. Eye health is one of the major reasons why people turn to cannabis essential oil as they age. CBD oil have been linked to a reduction in glaucoma and prevention of macular degeneration, according to a report published by Dr. John Merritt, Department of Ophthalmology School of Medicine, University of North Carolina.
- Boost Appetite. CBD oil can help regulate appetite and induce hunger, while stimulating the digestive system to operate at a regular level. This can help people who want to gain weight quickly, particularly after an extended illness or injury.
- On Brain/Psychological Healing Properties. Cannabis has shown to have positive effects on people suffering from epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. Research conducted in the University College of London, it is also effective in dealing with multiple other neurological conditions like the Dravet syndrome and Parkinson’s disease. It prevents neurodegeneration and cognitive decline, thereby helping those suffering from Alzheimer’s. The natural compounds found in this oil, including the famed THC, which is what gives cannabis the distinction of a drug in many countries, are very good for releasing pleasure hormones and relaxing the mind, giving a good sleep. It also helps in reducing stress, anxiety and inducing a sense of calmness and CBD oil is said to work with a brain receptor called CB1, which alters the serotonin levels in the body and thereby improves mental health.
- On Heart Ailment Healing Properties. The volatility in cannabis essential oil can also help improve heart health by balancing out the negative oils in your system. It can stimulate antioxidant processes as well by scraping off excess cholesterol and maximizing the health of your cardiovascular system. CBD oil also lowers high blood pressure and reduces the risk of stroke, heart attack, and metabolic syndrome. Research suggests that due to the presence of antioxidants in CBD, it helps fight oxidative stress and reduces heart-related ailments.
Finally, a few years ago, anyone had hardly knew about CBD oil. Today there’s a huge demand for it. Millions of people are taking CBD oil as a health supplement. The therapeutic properties of CBD are being tested and confirmed by scientists and doctors around the world. A safe, non-addictive substance, CBD is one of more than a hundred “phytocannabinoids,” which are unique to cannabis and endow the plant with its robust therapeutic profile.